Monday, March 2, 2009

Danger

When we found out we were having a boy Davis and I decided pretty quickly that the name would be Oliver. Yes, there were times that we questioned this decision and started to consider other names, but we always went back to Oliver. Oliver's middle name was another story. It wasn't until the day after Oliver was born and after the nice lady from the hospital came by and asked us to fill out the information for his birth certificate that we made our decision. One of the names that had been in the running - and that Davis was (and probably still is pushing for) - Danger. Over the past couple weeks I have started to wonder if Davis was on to something.


Oliver has progressed from his worm crawl to speed crawling - if it were an Olympic event Oliver would -- if there was a shiny dog bowl of water at the finish line - win, or at least take home a medal. Thankfully he has only located the stairs a few times - but, as you can see, he has no fear of them.


Oliver has also decided it is time to practicing walking. Molly lent Oliver a walking thing this weekend and Oliver immediately fell in love (and on the kitchen floor, dining room floor, and then we called a time out). Unfortunately I can't seem to figure out how to right the video, so you are going to have to turn your head - or place your computer on its side.



Oliver is 8 months old today - I am guessing that over the next few weeks, months and years, he will, like his dad, explore danger a bit more.

1 comment:

  1. Happy 8 Month Birthday Oliver! Look at you moving and grooving! Oh, and I'm pretty glad you went with Winston over Danger...

    ReplyDelete