Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Connections

Whenever Henni gets put in the booster seat Oliver starts counting down and then yells "Blast off!". For awhile we thought it was just plain funny. Then we got to thinking, and after a short conversation with Oliver realized that he knew the word booster from the boosters on rockets - therefore, when we were saying Henni was getting in the booster seat he was thinking - booster, rocket, blast off... I now want to manufacture a booster seat that does in fact look like a little rocket, so that all kids can blast off while eating - wouldn't that be fun?

Another fun connection...

Oliver has been saying that Davis lives down the street with the UPS man. For awhile now we have desperately been trying to figure out how this connection was made (and I've questioned both Davis and the UPS man quite a bit...). Well, the other day we figured it out - there is a house down the road from us that Davis is in love with. Every time we go by the house Davis talks about it as his house and is constantly dreaming of what he would do with it if he acquired it (and is dreaming up scemes about how he can move our troupe down the street). Davis has talked about the house so much that Oliver thinks it is Davis' house and that Davis just graces us with his presence here in the pink house. As for the UPS man - Oliver saw the UPS coming out of the house one day and asked if the UPS lived in the house. I know our UPS lives down the street from us so I replied - maybe, I know he lives around here -Oliver took this as a solid yes. So that is how Davis and the UPS came to live a happy life together in a big beautiful house around the corner.

As for this, I am not exactly sure what connections can be drawn from this. And yes, Oliver is playing the guitar while riding a dolphin.

1 comment:

  1. I love what their little brains come up with! And I am often puzzled trying to figure it out too.

    ReplyDelete