Thursday, October 24, 2013

Let's go nudist

While I dread the idea of being naked all the time, I am seriously considering a move to a nudist colony.  1) It would cut down, significantly, on the amount of laundry I do (think increased time for fun family activities or *gasp* mommy alone time), and 2) It may actually keep me sane.

God help me, my two lovely children are clothes horses and shoe divas.  The number of outfits they try on each day and the number of outfits they go through each day is astounding.  And Henni - at least a couple times I week I kiss her goodnight in one pair of jammies and find her in another pair in the morning.

And shoes...shoes are worse than clothes.  There are morning where it takes 30 minutes to determine the "right" pair of shoes to leave the house.

If it weren't for some time spent in Beverly Hospital, I would wonder where these kids came from.  Davis and I are not clothes horses or shoe divas (by any definition).  And, I have to admit, there are times I can not handle the attention to detail.

Last Friday we were close to disaster.   To avoid the approaching disaster I suggested heading to the playground.  Both agreed that would be fantastic.  Then we hit a stumbling block...shoes. 35 minutes later we were in the car, each kid had a pair of shoes on - and a bag of shoes in case they needed to change their shoes at the playground.  While they were agonizing about which shoes to put on their feet and into said bag I, rather than scream in frustration, I texted Davis.  

I believe my texts went something like this: "I am gathering all the kid's shoes and putting them in the backyard.  I am going to cover them in lighter fluid.  Throw a match.  Poof!"  Ok, there may have been expletives thrown in - liberally (very liberally).

Luckily I have a very wonderful husband.  He recognized I was on the verge of moving us a to nudist colony (and going to jail for starting a fire downtown), so he left work, met us at the playground, and sent me to Crossfit.  Did I say he is wonderful?

And I was so close to gaining all that free time by going laundry-free...



Thanks to Mrs. Legee for the wonderful hats!

No comments:

Post a Comment