Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The good morning

Henni calls morning "the good morning."  As is, "what are we doing in the good morning?," or "it's time to get up, it's the good morning!"  I love this.  

Oliver once told me about the bugs and how they represent spring - that is, one day all the bugs on the tree fly away and suddenly there are leaves.  I imagine trees covered with butterflies or ladybugs, then the sky suddenly filled with their colors, and then green - green leaves and spring.

It's these little phrases, and glimpses into how my children view the world that I adore.  And I do adore Oliver and Henni.  I love watching them grow up and love being able to do more and more things together, but at the same time I am sad that each new phase means an end to another.

And really, who wants this to end?


Spring is here!  We have been out on the cold days, the wet days, and the warm days.  My boot is filled with sand, mud, hay, and who knows what else.  Davis is not sure I fully understood what walking boot means, but I am pretty sure I do.







Oliver and Henni have started new classes.  Oliver is doing Raccoon Club - exploring the woods of Four Rock with Merrohawke (formally Boat Camp).  The first day he returned covered in charcoal.  Henni has started dance and says she wants to be a "ballerina tumble-ina."  Henni's teacher is amazing and makes me want to do dance too (although we had a dance party at our house last night before dinner and Quinn, who always smiles, looked horrified the whole time I was dancing to our good friend Flo.rida).







We had our neighborhood Easter egg hunt.  850 eggs full of fun this year.






Oliver has his art in a local gallery and the gallery had an opening for the class - the kids found it so special.



Henni has been doing art too.  Here's her most recent self-portrait.


Our Easter egg decorating did not disappoint this year.  24 eggs. 11 eggs eaten during the dying process.





No comments:

Post a Comment