Saturday, November 14, 2015

9 months

Nine months ago the snow was falling, and falling, and falling.  That was the last time I sat down and wrote about our wild adventures.  Initially I stopped writing because although were still amazingly wonderful things happening everyday in our lives, the time and resources we were spending on trying to get the school to provide Oliver with an IEP to support his dyslexia as well as the search for a new doctor for Oliver, prevented me (both mentally and physically) from sitting down and writing.

In May (after one year and four months of hell, advocates, a lawyer, and a whole lot of bullshit) Oliver was given an IEP.  The next month of not writing can be attributed to PTSD.  The next three months can be attributed to pure joy.  While fun and adventure is a priority for our family, this past number I took it too a new level.  We all needed to forget what we had gone through.  We all needed to relax.  And we all needed to find a way to look forward.  

The summer was filled with sailing camp, fairy camp, surf camp, mountain biking, the beach, swimming, and paddle boarding.  Henni learned to swim completely and totally on her on her own.  Henni learned to surf.  Oliver took his surfing to a whole new level.  Oliver participated in his first paddle board race.  They both ran a number of running races.  Oliver got his personal best in a 5K.  We boat our first boat - a 13 foot Boston Whaler.  We sold our first boat (said Boston Whaler).  We kayaked.  We hiked.  We sailed. We explored islands. Davis did some swims. I worked a lot of nights so we had a lot of fun during the day.

The last couple months I haven't written because I've been struggling to find a balance with work, life, and personal writing.  I am working full-time now, and have also taken on a number freelance projects. Between all of the freelance writing I do and the writing I do at work as well as the balancing act of life and work, I've put this aside.

Over the past couple weeks I have been told by a number of people that they miss my posts.  So here we are - 9 months later.
















No comments:

Post a Comment