When I was pregnant with Oliver Davis and I decided to meet after he got out of work to look at cribs. Our first stop - Babies R Us. The closest Babies R Us to us is on route 114 in Peabody. To get to 114 from our house is very simple, you take route 95 south to the exit that says "to 114" and then you follow the signs. That being said I have only once made it there without getting lost. So on the day Davis and I were meeting to look at cribs I detoured through Middleton, Danvers, and Beverly, and therefore was pretty late. I called Davis when I got to the parking lot and asked where he was (if you've ever been in a Babies R Us you know it is pretty important to establish the whereabouts of the person you are meeting before you enter because you can get both lost and distracted (a dangerous combination) pretty easily). Davis replied that he was looking at "baby cages." So I went to the crib section and there was Davis - and a salesperson lurking close behind. He pointed out a couple baby cages he liked, and the lurking salesperson followed behind looking terrified. Davis then asked, jokingly, where the top to the cage was. The salesperson nearly fainted. Luckily we didn't find a crib we liked there, if we had I'm not sure they would have sold it to us -- no sense of humor.
We found Oliver's crib at a great little store in New Hampshire several months before he was born. For some reason I was intent on having the crib set up, mattress installed, bedding in place - all before Oliver arrived. The reality is that the crib (mattress and bedding) have served as a storage place for all his toys and animals. The other day I decided that it might be time to get Oliver used to his crib, so I put him down in it for his nap. He seemed to sleep well, but when I went in to get him when he woke up this is how I found him-

Looks like it's off to Babies R Us again - this time for a breathable bumper so he doesn't get trapped between the rungs. Wonder what detour I'll manage this time.
we should probably get the top to the baby cage.
ReplyDelete--Davis