Monday, May 18, 2009

Bittersweet

I am a little slow on posting this week, but I am glad that I am. Kate and Melissa have already posted about our BBQ on Saturday - which means that I can officially post about the exciting (but, as Melissa said, bittersweet) happenings of the Doyles (finally).

Melissa, John, and Molly are moving across (and out of) the country to British Columbia and are expecting a new little one in a few months! To celebrate their adventures we had a BBQ at our house this past weekend. It was wonderful to get everyone together and watch our little ones play together and to catch up with each other in person. But it was also sad knowing that in a few weeks Melissa, John, and Molly will be heading west. While we have met new friends over the past couple years of living here, having "old" friends right up the road has been special. Davis and I have loved having Melissa and John just up the road. We've been able to share increasingly difficult dinners at American BBQ, a dinner at the Grog hours before Molly's arrival, walks, playground time, home improvement talks, etc. And "Oweever," as Molly calls Oliver, will miss his smilely, talkative, and now golden locked friend Molly.

We wish John, Melissa and Molly lots of love and fun as they embark on their new adventures. We look forward to visiting them in British Columbia and meeting the new Doyle.

1 comment:

  1. thanks katie! we'll miss you guys lots. by the way, did you call me old? :)

    ReplyDelete