Monday, May 18, 2009

Excuses

A few weeks ago I signed up to run a 5k. May 17th arrived a lot quicker than expected. I was so excited when I looked out the window Sunday morning and saw that it was pouring. By 10AM, however, the rain stopped and my excuses had started. Davis, Oliver and Elizabeth would have none of it. Davis dressed Oliver in his track suit and Puma's and Elizabeth put on her running shoes (Davis, of course, put on his khaki shorts, white t-shirt and flip flops)- and we all headed up the street to the start.

As it turns out, the run was actually not so bad. While I don't think I am ready to sign up for a 10K, I might look around for another 5K - especially if my cheering section continues to be supportive -- Oliver loved watching the runners go by (he had several to watch before he saw his mom go by), and loved clapping along with the crowd.

He also enjoyed stretching and some water at the end - it is tough work trying to get mom to stop making excuses.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Katie! I didn't realize the 5k was this weekend. Oliver looks adorable in his track suit and pumas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats from us as well! Are you sure Oliver didn't run the race too? He looks ready.

    ReplyDelete