Today was a big day. Today we, once again, spied on the baby. Oliver was amazingly patient during the ultrasound and, unlike the previous times, actually seemed a bit interested. At one point he took a look at the screen and declared that the baby looked happy. He has continued this mantra throughout the day - he'll stop what he's doing, come over to my belly and say "happy baby." I do hope Oliver and the little one are communicating and that the baby is indeed happy.
Oliver did make the correct prediction - we are going to have a little girl!

Seeing the baby and learning the gender has made things much much more real. Until today the baby was pretty abstract. I am just starting to think about maternity clothes, just starting to get a belly, and (with a few exceptions) I've felt wonderful this entire pregnancy - given all of this, it has been pretty easy to forget I am pregnant. Another reason I keep forgetting I am pregnant is this -

Oliver has always had an endless amount of energy, but lately his energy level has increased by leaps and bounds. He has been sleeping - napping and at night - and now has an energy level that is endless times infinity (I can see Davis cringing now as he reads this - however, I declare it a good
mathematical concept).

The only thing that appears to slow Oliver down is a double ear infection - he currently has his first and is none to pleased about it. On the positive side, he's been so
snugly today - snuggling is rare these days as it is near impossible to get him to slow down long enough for a hug.
Congrats on the little lady! While I can't promise a girl will be any slower than a boy, girls sure are lots of fun.
ReplyDeleteYay! I am thrilled for you guys (and a little bit jealous as I chase my two little bundles of testosterone around - we too are having energy-filled days of late!). Glad she looks happy too. :)
ReplyDeleteYea!! Congratulations!! Hannah and Molly will be happy to have another girl in the mix so they're not quite as outnumbered. So exciting. And so glad to hear about the positive sleeping developments... can Oliver come and show Hannah and Will how to nap?
ReplyDelete