Monday, December 19, 2011

Home Ec

I am not sure if I have yet mentioned the "Unrealistic List."  This list is a list of all the things around the house that really do need to get done.  It includes things like "go through the 4 large boxes that have been in the guest room for a year and determine what, if anything needs to be kept and if it does, where should it actually go," and "paint the interior trim" (an item that has been on the list for 5 years now).   Davis has the next couple weeks off so we decided that the best way to tackle this list is to make a list of other things to do - and the more fun and crazy the better.  We have started with being crafty.

I have been coveting a fabric for several months.  So as to put something on our new list (make curtains) I ordered the fabric.  The fabric, called "Home Ec," was just as fantastic as the picture and thanks to my domestic diva of a husband in just under an hour we managed to make and hang our fancy new curtains.

I am so excited about our first team sewing project (I call it a team effort; however, Davis contends the conditions were sweat-shopesque (what sweat-shop allows a worker a break to play Angry Birds?!).



Note the purple painting - a portrait of me done by our little Rocket

 And the domestic diva - he is almost finished with stocking making for this year...

By the end of the week we will have hopefully transformed our living room from purple to gray (the trim will, of course, not be touched) and we will have a beautiful new (Bahamas water color (challenge time for the local paint store)) blue toy storage cabinet.

I so love procrastinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment