Oliver and I don't get to spend a lot of quality time just the two of us. Any together time usually happens if and when Henni decides to nap. Given her naps are fleeting we don't really get to undertake too big of a project together nor do we get that quality mommy and Rocket time we'd both like to have. Because of this I decided that Oliver and I should carve out some dedicated us time. This past Friday morning Oliver and I headed off to Boat Camp - just the two of us. Oliver had been anticipating the day for over a week - each morning asking if today was the day and each night asking if the next day was going to be the day. When he awoke Friday morning and asked if it was Friday and I answered yes, he was so super excited.
At Boat Camp Oliver held my hand the entire time (which made it tough to do some of the activities) and I loved being able to devote all my attention to him. Being able to focus just on Oliver I was struck on the one hand by how big he has gotten, but on the other how he is still my little Rocket.
Oliver is already asking how many days until our special day - I too am looking forward to our morning together.
No comments:
Post a Comment