Thursday, January 26, 2012
Party or panic?
Our little Henni has been breaking out in hives. It started out with one here and there and only every once in awhile, but her hives have become more widespread and have shown up more often - as in she has recently more often been covered in hives than not. This morning Henni had one huge hive that covered about 99 percent of her back and then several others that, together, took up a good majority of the rest of her body. She was scheduled to go to Children's Hospital next week, but one look at her little body and her discomfort and I called to see if we could get in earlier. Luckily we were able to get in today. The good news is that Henni is not allergic to the most common allergens, the bad news is that we don't yet have an answer. Following the skin test Henni had blood work (mad, mad, mad). The blood work will let us know if there is any autoimmune issue or "other health issue." I decided it best not to ask for specifics about these as I didn't want to stress about something if it is nothing - and nothing it may be. The doctor said that the majority of hives like Henni presented with turn out to be nothing - chronic hives that show up for awhile and then disappear. Right now I am caught between happiness and panic - we aren't going to have to become a nut-free, gluten-free, fun-free (as Davis says) house, but are there other obstacles we will have to overcome? Or will these hives just go away? I am already looking in the mailbox and checking my phone for the results from the doctor (even though I must wait a week). The good news is that I was very impressed with the people at Children's and feel we are in good hands as we try to figure out what is going on with our little Henni.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment