Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Triple Crown

This past weekend we were in New York for the Manhattan Island Marathon.  The Manhattan Island Marathon is a 28.5 mile swim around Manhattan in water that Davis described as tasting like poop (yuck).  Davis completed the swim in 8:37:27 - making him the 50th person (ever) to complete the Triple Crown of open water swimming (the English Channel, Catalina Channel and Manhattan swim).

While Davis wasted the day away swimming, Oliver, Henni and I spent the day with friends and family exploring the city.  We took in the Natural History Museum, three playgrounds (complete with fountains), the carousel, Central Park, and troubadours on the subway.

Included in those joining us on our adventures were Lindsay, Matt, Addie,  and Hazel.  Lindsay has been my close friend since we were Henni's age.  It was so fun to spend the day watching our kids play together - and so crazy to think about what they could be doing with their kiddos in 33 years.

I found us a fantastic condo in Union Square for us to stay in for our big weekend (it was bigger than our house!) and (thanks to Senor Rocket's prodding) got a huge limo to transport us around.  Although it was just Davis who was crowned, we all felt very fancy in New York.

Unfortunately, upon our return home I dropped my phone in the toilet - and lost all the pictures of our adventures around the city and my pictures of Davis' swim.  I know friends and family took some pictures so all is not lost, but I am super bummed.  Until I get said pictures, the only ones I have right now are those Andrew sent me of Davis -- the pictures he sent throughout the day to keep me apprised of Davis' whereabouts.  Here are a couple -



No comments:

Post a Comment