Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Yipee!

Fun has been had.

Last Friday night involved a "late night" (meaning 7:00 PM) trip to Home Depot followed by some light law breaking as we ignored the "private property" signs and did some dumpster diving behind several shopping complexes.  Our evening then progressed to begging at Shaw's.  Victorious we headed home with my car jam-packed with cardboard boxes, spray-paint, and duct tape.  What you might ask were we up to?  Preparing for the First Annual Cardboard Box Derby at the Snowbowl.

Davis, the engineer and builder, constructed a pretty incredible rocket sled.  Prior to the start of the race I told Oliver we were in it to have fun.  He replied.."And win more ribbons!"  In an effort to do so, he wore one of my brother's GS suits over his snow pants and jacket...the whole weekend; it was a spectacular look.

Our rocket sled was destined for greatness, but we got a bit too excited about the race and put a few too many people on the rocket.  We crashed out of the start, but we managed to get ourselves across the finish.  And, to be completely honest - I am happy we crashed.  The course was much longer and steeper than I had thought it would be - and people were speeding, flipping, and doing any number of crazy things in their sleds.  Our sled crash was well timed.








Sunday morning we managed to get ourselves to the Snowbowl in time for first tracks.  The skiing was incredible, the view over the ocean were limitless....it was a perfect morning of skiing.

We then packed up the gang and headed south to pick up my latest score...a swing set.



Monday morning I got home from the gym at 7.  As I am about to walk into the house I see movement out of the corner of my eye - I look over, and there is Henni, quietly swinging on the swing - bundled up and wearing her backpack.  She waved and kept swinging.  Turns out the little badger had bolted upright when she woke up, jumped out of bed, changed her pull-up, put on footed jammies, went downstairs and put on her snow pants, jacket, and hat.  Then went and got her backpack and filled it with her babies and Hello Kitty shoes.  She then went and put on her boots, mittens and said backpack and headed out the the door and jumped on the swing.  Davis said the whole thing was pretty hysterical.


Everyone has been living on the swing set...including Charlie who is trying to eat it.  Awesome.



1 comment:

  1. That derby looks so fun! The swingset looks awesome. Hopefully we'll actually have spring soon so you can enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete