Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Summer!

It is hard to believe that last Thursday was Oliver's last day of preschool.  While he is so  big, he really is still so little - I can't believe that next year he will be in kindergarten.

Oliver had two amazing teachers this year and class full of wonderful friends - he thrived.  The last week of school Oliver got very sentimental and kept making necklaces and attaching cards to them - cards saying things like "You are Wonderful," and "I love you."  By the end of the week I was weighed down with necklaces and paper (he refused to let me remove the cards from the necklaces).

On the last day of school we were invited to participate in the final circle, and we watched as the friends received peace hearts and yearbooks.  It was really sweet event.



And then summer vacation officially began - with a rumble.  Thursday night the stomach bug descended upon our house.  Oliver, Davis, and I were hit hard.  As usual, Henni used her honey badger skills and scared away the bug and remained healthy (go Henni!).  We managed to survive the weekend, although there were times I questioned if we would.  With the bug gone, we are looking forward to a summer of fun.






2 comments:

  1. Ugh - we just had a similar stomach bug. The worst! Great picture of you three at Oliver's last circle.

    ReplyDelete