I knew the last few months were not ideal, but I didn't truly understand the impact unemployment, over employment, job dissatisfaction, and no Hollie had on our household. While life is, of course, crazy, employment, job satisfaction, and Hollie's return had made it so that the everyday crazy is (almost) blissful. We've settled into a routine of fun and adventure.
Henni and I have a truly lovely playgroup on Friday mornings. Five girls who adore eating, babies, and each other (read the girls have fun while the adults actually get some adult time!).
And Oliver and Henni have continued to be best of friends (except when they are not). Henni's favorite phrase is "me too," and she actually is able to do most everything Oliver does.
There is a special place in Henni's heart for Lucy. When these girls greet each other they scream with joy, hug, kiss, and chatter...and that is after being apart for a few minutes.
Henni's sense of style is continuing to emerge. She is currently in a floral (aneurysm) phase.
And Oliver continues to give Davis projects. Here is this year's hat for fun hat day at school. Davis managed to pull this jet hat off in a matter of a couple hours.
My neighbor told me the other day that with sunshine in my heart I could do anything. And indeed he was right. A Memorial Day weekend of pouring rain ended up being one of the most fun weekends I can remember in a long time.
We visited the Rockland Children's Museum,
Bowled,
And spent a day at Fort Knox.
And happily used our umbrellas.











Please tell Davis he will need to come help us out next time we have a crazy hat day. That is some kind of impressive! Looks like fun times at the Childrens' Museum - love that spot!
ReplyDelete