The alarm was set for 4:30, but at 4:00 I awoke to a little face smiling at me - Henni was up and eager to begin our trek to Man O War. After singing in the shower she got dressed and then laid out clothes for Oliver, all the while distressed that he was still sleeping. To her dismay we packed Oliver into the car - asleep - and headed to the airport. Little Miss. Smiles laughed her way to the airport and, somehow, managed an even bigger grin when her partner in crime (more on that later) awoke.
Our two little travelers were incredible. On this trip we even achieved the Holy Grail - only carry on luggage - and the kids carried/wheeled their own bags!
When we stepped onto the boat and headed towards Man O War I took a breath and realized that I hadn't truly taken a breath in months. On the water, surrounded by family and blue sky I relaxed, smiled, and felt that sense of relaxation and comfort that you only feel when you are home and in a place of wonder and love.
Oliver and Henni drank up the magical juice of the Abacos and were just so amazing the entire trip.
Oliver has been practicing his snorkeling in the pool and was so excited to snorkel in the ocean.
Henni was also a fish. She wore her bubble most of the time, but at the end of the week she was attempting swimming sans bubble - the girl has no fear.
Despite being fearless she is a sweetheart when it comes to her babies and Baby Charlie (her stuffed animal which looks exactly like Charlie, down to the red collar) - she made sure they got some time to relax.
She is also clearly her daddy's girl - she ditched her shoes on day one and walked barefoot on anything and everything - meaning even the super ouchy coral.
Speaking of tough and fearless... I am chatting with family and friends and suddenly hear the golf cart start. I look over to see Henni at the wheel and Oliver pushing the gas. Thankfully they crashed into their stroller in pretty short order and stopped to see what they hit. I ran over and asked if they were scared. Henni looks me in the eye and simply says: "Not scared. Fun Mommy!" Oh dear God, while I give them points for working together and ingenuity, I am terrified thinking of the trouble these two are going to get into together.
The highlight of the trip though - spending time with family. We haven't had the opportunity to spend much time with Tim, Carolyn, Catie, and Alex, so a week together was such a treat. The kids had an incredible time playing and getting to know each other.
And, of course, we all ended up at Nipper's (a couple times). Swimming, beach, drinks, dancing...





No comments:
Post a Comment