Friendship is a powerful thing. It brings laughter, tears, joy, support, strength, and love. It can falter, it can end, and it can endure. Aristotle captures the incredible power of friendship: "Without friends no one would choose to live, though he had all other goods."
I am so lucky in that I have several girl friends who have been dear friends since I was two, and several incredible girl friends who I have met since I was diaper-free. These girl friends ... I can not put into words how important they are to me. I so look forward to the moments we are able to share together, and I cherish the times our children play together.
Henni has a friend, Lucy, who comes over every Tuesday and Thursday morning. The two of them are so happy to see each other. They spend the morning eating an obscene amount of food, playing babies, and loving being together. When I look at them playing I think of my dear girl friends and how we once played together, and how we have grown up together. I am hopeful that Lucy and Henni's friendship will endure and that they they too will be able to draw strength from each other, laugh together, cry together...that they can look back on these pictures on their wedding days, on a girls weekend, or just for fun - and reflect on just how special friendship is.
No comments:
Post a Comment