Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Fish, Friends, Birds, Bikes - and Big Girls!

The summer has been flying by and I have been remiss about sharing (and documenting) our crazy adventures.  

One milestone which I have been desperate to document is that Henni now wears "big girl pants"!  It has been almost 2 months now that Henni has been diaper/pull-up free.  Henni has declared herself a "big girl" because of this amazing feat and happily tells anyone and everyone that she is a big girl.  I am so happy that diapers are behind us - it is one thing I know I will not miss.

Big girl Henni has also become an expert at fishing.  About a month ago Papa bought her a little fishing pole.  She plopped the bobber in the water and - bam! - the girl caught herself a pretty incredible rainbow trout.  A good show for her first go at fishing!


A couple weekends ago we went to the Compound with the Stockwells.  This is a trip that our family looks forward to every year.  This year the weather was just perfect, the kids loved being together, and Davis and I got to spend quality time with Liz and Ben.  It truly is/was a special weekend.





Oliver had Boat Camp last week and loved every minute of it.  One of the activities was to make a duck mask - Oliver decided a duck was too passive and decided to be an osprey - hence the crazy stance with the duck beak.

Hollie took a well-deserved vacation last week, and so my mom came down to watch the kids while I worked.  She stayed an extra day so that I can join Oliver on the boat for his last day of camp.  Oliver and I have very few opportunities to spend just the two of us.  I am grateful to my mom for giving us this opportunity - we had a great time.


Last weekend we headed to Maine where Oliver got to borrow a kid's sized paddle board.  Since he had previously been using an adult SUP, the kid's one made it so he could zoom off - we were constantly chasing him down the lake - his balance is amazing!


While I was at my sister's baby shower, the kids, Davis, and Papa went to the Owls Head Transportation Museum.  Henni has decided she wants this bike ... " I want that!"  And so it begins...


We've been having lots of fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment