Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Vacation Land

We are in Maine - introducing Oliver to Vacation Land - hiking, sailing, island exploration, sun bathing, fishing, lobster bakes on Lime Island, cocktails on the deck... well, actually, that is what we had planned to do. Instead we are enjoying torrential downpours and lots of fog . We've made the best of it though, and even managed to take Oliver on his first boat ride - although between sleeping and the fog I don't think Oliver even knew he was on the water. Hopefully the rest of the week will be sunny.

Here are some pictures of the week thus far -

As you can see from the boating pictures - it has been pretty foggy.

Check out the cute sweater - Davis knit it for Oliver

Rainy days are good for story time...

And for looking out windows - hoping for sun.

3 comments:

  1. So sad....we're feeling the same way on our vacation although I think we've seen a little more sun. Certainly looks like Oliver enjoyed his first boat ride..... we can't wait to see him in person when you get back from Maine. Enjoy the rest of vacation and thanks for the picture update!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sweater is super cute. Looks like you're having fun despite the clouds. I hope Oliver grows up to have curls like his Uncle Jon (not that I don't like your hair Katie and Davis, it's just that you can't beat curls).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also meant to ask if Davis is cold -- it looks like he forgot to pack a shirt for the trip. Brrrrr...

    ReplyDelete