Oliver thoroughly enjoyed the trip - and fell in love with the Doyle's chair. Oliver grows bored of his swing or bouncy chair in about a minute, but he was endlessly content in this chair. I think it was because he could watch Hannah and Molly's antics from a (usually) safe distance.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Block Island
Four years ago Liz, Melissa, Kate and I headed to Block Island for Liz's bachelorette party - this past weekend we all (almost) headed back there with our husbands and children. For this trip the flurry of pre-trip emails was about coordinating car seats, naps and pack n' plays rather than wine, cocktails and other bachelorette necessities. On this trip a late night was 11PM, not 3 or 4 AM, and on this trip our beach day began at 2, after naps, rather than when the sun rose. This trip really highlighted for me the wonderful changes we have each experienced in our lives over the past four years. I only wish Liz, Ben and Ethan could have joined - but I'm not sure the (potentially retired) doctor (of unknown specialty) at the end of the road would have been psyched to have us knock on his door if baby #2 decided to arrive early.
Oliver thoroughly enjoyed the trip - and fell in love with the Doyle's chair. Oliver grows bored of his swing or bouncy chair in about a minute, but he was endlessly content in this chair. I think it was because he could watch Hannah and Molly's antics from a (usually) safe distance.
And that he could nap right in the middle of the room and therefore not have to miss a thing.
Oliver was nice enough to share his chair for a few minutes so we could get a picture of him with the girls.
Here is another favorite picture from the weekend - Miss. Molly certainly enjoyed herself at the beach.
Thank you again to John, Melissa and Molly (and Polly and Jack) for having us for the weekend. If that chair ever goes missing...
Oliver thoroughly enjoyed the trip - and fell in love with the Doyle's chair. Oliver grows bored of his swing or bouncy chair in about a minute, but he was endlessly content in this chair. I think it was because he could watch Hannah and Molly's antics from a (usually) safe distance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Molly liked her beach bag carrier and that chair really was baby crack for the little boy. Thanks so much for coming!!
ReplyDeleteIs Molly actually in the beach bag?? That's hysterical! Looks like such a fun weekend - so sad to miss. :( Please let's do it again soon! (well not too soon)
ReplyDeleteDon't forget about Sarah - she was there that first trip too! Next time hopefully she and Liz can join us.... and whatever kids are in existence at that time! I'm so sad that I didn't find out until the end of the summer that the bean bag was good for carrying the kids - seems like it would have been easier than the sling some days! :-)
ReplyDelete