Sunday, January 4, 2009

Holidays, events, occasions

Prior to Oliver's arrival Davis and I would talk about bringing the camera with us on trips and breaking it out to document special occasions, but we usually would either forget to bring it with us, or would forget we had brought it with us and would forget to take pictures. Now, being the proud parents we are, while we may forget to brush our hair or forget what day it is, but we never forget to bring the camera and never forget to take pictures. That being said, the last few weeks have been chock-full of holidays, events, and occasions and therefore iPhoto is brimming with pictures. Here a few of the pictures and tales.

Davis had to use up a couple weeks of vacation time before the end of the year, so Oliver, Anna and I had him home with us for much of December. Davis devoted much of his time off to arts and crafts -- he made some amazing cabinet doors for the book shelves in the living room (I'll post pictures of those later) and made a couple Christmas stockings. Here is Oliver's stocking (post-Santa).

After the arts and crafts extravaganza and our first annual ugly sweater party (the winner of the ugliest sweater was my mom - we look forward to seeing who will win next year) we headed to my parent's to celebrate Christmas. Oliver seemed to enjoy the day. He loved ripping and trying to eat all the wrapping paper. And he loved a new shirt Santa brought -- when we opened the shirt for him, all other toys, wrapping paper, boxes, etc. got pushed aside and he grabbed the shirt and refused to let go. We think he might take after his aunts and uncles since neither Davis nor I are fashionistas.


Of course, it being a holiday (that is the excuse this time) we made poor Oliver and Anna put on Santa hats, and Oliver also had to put on a (too) little reindeer hat (you know that at some point the two of them are going to unite against us).



After Christmas we packed up and headed to Sugarloaf. The first day up there it was 55 degrees. Davis and I enjoyed a rare day of "spring" skiing in January and Oliver enjoyed a day with his grandparents. Unfortunately the warm weather disappeared as quickly as it arrived and by the end of the week it was 5 below zero. Despite the dropping temperatures we enjoyed our new cross country skis

The Bag

Hanging out in front of the fireplace


And jumping.

While up at Sugarloaf Davis and I also enjoyed a date night out to celebrate our anniversary, and Oliver mastered sitting up and made his first attempts at crawling. And, finally, on our first day home from Sugarloaf Oliver turned 6 months old.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe Oliver is 6 months old! Happy Half-Birthday, little man. I love all the pictures and updates. I particularly love Oliver and Davis' matching shirts!

    ReplyDelete