Sunday, April 26, 2009

Perfect days

Yesterday was one of those days. It was a day that felt more like August 25th than April 25th - spectacular blue skies and - hot! I got to spend the afternoon with four of the most wonderful women I know, Liz, Melissa, Sarah and Kate. While we used to all get together at least once a week and consume more than our fair share of wine and cheese, our lives have all evolved. With work, a growing brood of kids, and trips back and forth to Minneapolis for an amazing man - we have little free time. So while we are, unfortunately, not able to get together every week, I love that we are still able to find an afternoon here and there to spend together. We have another date on the calendar - less than a month - I am I looking forward to another fun afternoon.

While I was enjoying girl-time Davis, Elizabeth and Pippa took Oliver to the beach. Pippa's love for sticks and the water, combined with an unexpectedly crowded beach, brought their beach day to an end earlier than anticipated. However, Oliver's fun was not cut short. Elizabeth dragged Anna's pool from the garage and cleaned it out. I arrived back from my afternoon in time to see the little guy take his first dip in the pool - he loved it!

1 comment:

  1. It was indeed a perfect day -- I think chubalicious might try and swim the Channel with his dad at the rate he is going!

    ReplyDelete