Monday, June 15, 2009

Pacific

This past week I had to go to California for work. Rather than stay home, Oliver and Davis decided to tag along. Oliver was an amazing traveler. Although travel is a bit different with an 11 month in tow - neither Davis nor I could believe how wonderful and easy Oliver was to travel with.

On Thursday I was in meetings all day. When I returned to the hotel room I was greeted by two very smiley boys, a dozen roses, a bottle of wine, some half eaten (very wet) goldfish crackers, and a photo essay of their day.

Here are some highlights:

Walking down to Half Moon Bay; Oliver's first view of the Pacific.
Giving it a thumbs up
Kelp
Oliver has several toy dinosaurs. I guess when he saw these he stood still, with his mouth open.
Relaxing at the pool.
Afternoon snack.
Not captured in the pictures is the new trick Davis taught Oliver - to press the elevator buttons. Oliver was very excited to show me this new trick when I got back from work.

I'll post more pictures from the trip later.

2 comments:

  1. OK, I had no idea you guys were going to California! Looks like your little traveler enjoyed the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto - no idea you were heading across country! But it does look like you had fun - is Oliver walking now?!

    ReplyDelete