We thought Oliver would be excited to go and play in snow - especially since we got so much more in this storm than in the last. We bundled the little guy up - he took one step in the snow and promptly fell over and declared that he was "all done."

I picked him up and gave him his shovel. He was excited for about 2 seconds and then, after trying to shovel the knee-height snow, again declared that he was all done.

About that time Davis pulled out the snow blower. Oliver decided maybe being outside wasn't all that bad. After several attempts at trying to convince Davis that he could in fact drive the snow blower himself, Oliver decided that riding in the backpack while Davis did the work would be acceptable (not wonderful, but acceptable).

After helping Davis clear the driveway Oliver went for his first ride in a sled; his friend Maggie pulled him up and down the street until he decided he was "all done."
Après snow we decided it was time to introduce Oliver to hot chocolate with marshmallows. While we were waiting for the water to boil we decided to open today on our advent calendar. When I say today I actually mean every day - someone got a little excited with the opening.
With the water finally hot, Oliver got his first hot chocolate with marshmallows; he seemed quite pleased with the concoction.
I think this morning Oliver (like me) was ready to pack his bags and head to the Bahamas for winter, but by the end of the day he decided that New England winter can be fun.
I hope that sweater is washable.... Looks like lots of fun!
ReplyDelete