Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Sophisticated

Oliver is sophisticated. Seriously, at 17 months Davis and I both agree that he is far more sophisticated than either of us. Let's see - when we went to purchase Oliver his most recent pair of shoes I found some nice sturdy brown ones that were, of course, on sale. Oliver flat-out refused to put them on. Instead, Oliver chose some ridiculously expensive red shoes. He not only allowed the salesperson to put the red shoes on his little feet, he also ran around the store in utter delight. He cried when we said good-bye to the red shoes (and was over-joyed when we said good-bye to the sturdy brown ones).

Another example of his superior sophisticatedness (I am declaring this a new word) - tonight for dinner he stated that he wanted "arugula." I put some on his plate thinking he would not eat it - he did. Arugula thus gets added to the list of sophisticated food (for a toddler) that Oliver likes: miso soup, seaweed, dumplings, and spicy chicken curry.

And, I can not forget two of his favorite things - cappuccino and biscotti. He will sit (a major accomplishment in itself) for almost the entire time it takes him to eat a biscotti so long as he can dip it in the foamed milk from a cappuccino. I am sure you are thinking - just get him some foamed milk. Ah no, we've tried that and I've tried having him dip the biscotti into a chai latte. Nope. Oliver will only happily sit and dip and sit and dip if there is a cappuccino available.

No comments:

Post a Comment