We went to Boston on Sunday and took Oliver to see the statues of Robert
McCloskey's ducks. Oliver, who is a HUGE fan of ducks, was beyond excited when he saw the ducks and saw that he could climb and sit on the statues.
Note Oliver's open mouth in this picture - Oliver quacked almost the entire time we visited the ducks.

I say that he quacked almost the whole time - the time not spent quacking was spent directing. For example, "
Da Da duck!" This command was followed by Oliver either pointing to the duck he wanted Davis to sit on, or
followed by Oliver grabbing Davis' hand and pulling him over to the
appropriate duck. And of course, once he had Davis settled on the "right" duck I was shown which duck was best for me (see the finger-pointing below).

When it was time to go Oliver tried to pick up the ducks so he could take them home. Despite his best efforts all the ducks stayed in Boston.
That last picture is priceless. Of course he wanted to take one home! And I'm sure he couldn't understand why on earth he couldn't.
ReplyDeleteAgree with Liz -- really, really cute. I love the Make Way for Ducklings rite of passage -- it's a must do.
ReplyDelete