Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Boy's Night

Tonight is a big night for our family - I am headed to Detroit for work and leaving the boy's on their own.

While I had envisioned my first night away from Oliver a bit differently (specifically I had thought I would be with Davis and would be going somewhere other than Detroit (Detroit wasn't in the top 10 (or really top 100) destinations)) I do have to admit I am looking forward to (or at least hoping for) a night's worth of sleep. I also have to admit that when I go to sleep tonight I will be a little nervous and sad thinking of my very crowded (Oliver, Davis, and Pippa) bed at home.

Here's to a good night - for all of us.

3 comments:

  1. I remembered after reading this that the first time I left Ethan for a night was for a work trip to Indianapolis in February - very similar to your fun destination of Detroit in February. You will all survive, and be very happy to see each other tomorrow night. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope everything is going well! I'm sure the boys are living it up but will be happy to see mom walk through the door.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear things went well... next time I hope you get to go somewhere more fun!!

    ReplyDelete