Back at home Davis had the wonderful idea of building a plane with Oliver, a plane like the one I was on. When I landed in Detroit I was treated to a picture of their work -
Note that the plane is a sea plane.Overall the boys had a good night. Some pictures I received were happier than others, but Davis and I both agreed that the night went much smoother than either of us expected (although Davis did pull out the big guns (Ernie, Bert, Elmo, and Curious George) at one point). As you can see Oliver, who is not usually allowed to watch TV was pretty mesmerised by their antics.




The plan had been for Davis and Oliver to pick me up from the airport. I was excited to see my boys and to see, in person, the plane they had built. However, when I landed I had a message from Davis that he was in the emergency room getting stitches. Davis had been making salad and somehow managed to spear himself with a knife (Homer was, once again, correct - you don't make friends with salad). Thankfully my friend Brigid was home and took Oliver so that Davis could go to the ER and get himself stitched up (5 stitches!).
While I think we could have done without the trip to the emergency room, overall things went well.
No comments:
Post a Comment