This weekend was a big weekend for Davis - known to Oliver as "Daddy-D." To swim the English Channel one needs to have completed a six hour swim in water that is 60 degrees or less. While Davis has completed many swims over the past year and half, he had not yet completed this prerequisite. Saturday was the big day. Although I would have loved to have been on the boat cheering Davis on, the idea of keeping Oliver occupied (and out of the water) for six hours made me think twice. So while Davis was busy swimming, and swimming, and swimming... Oliver and I went to a birthday party - partied and ate and partied and ate (and we only felt a little guilty that we were enjoying cupcakes while Davis was sucking down Goo and protein drinks (ick)).
We did meet Davis and his amazingly wonderful support crew (Andrew, Matt and Al) at the dock after the swim. Oliver gave his Daddy-D a big hug and a kiss.


Cheering Davis on, watching him swim, driving to strange places to see Davis jump in - or out - of the water, waking up to Davis being gone (swimming)...all of these things have become so common, I think Oliver, a lover of routines, is going to be a bit confused when Davis has swum the Channel and turns into a couch potato.
Thankfully Davis' six hour swim didn't turn him off from the beach - we spent much of today there, enjoying the ridiculously hot (again) weather.
Go Davis! Sounds like you're ready now!
ReplyDeleteI'm impressed... I don't think I've done anything for six hours straight (these days, including sleeping). Go go go Davis!
ReplyDelete