As I have mentioned before, Oliver is aware of EVERYTHING that is going on. In fact, I think he is actually more aware than I am of what is going on some of the time. For example, about two months ago Oliver spotted a nail in my tire and then went with me to get to try and get the tire fixed. A couple days ago we were sitting at a stop light and he mentions the nail, the tire, having to get a new tire, and how helpful the people at State Street Mobil were. At first I was totally oblivious and confused then I looked out the window and realized we were across the street from the Mobil station. While I am both impressed and proud of Oliver's amazing memory and understanding of what is going on it can be a bit revealing at times too. The other day Oliver was going down the slide and caught his foot on the side of the slide and spun around so he flew face first off the slide. He stood up, brushed himself off and said "Oh God." Hmm. Where did he pick that up? Apparently in an effort to clean up my language I have taken up saying two things - "Oh God" and "Holy Smokes." Well, it turns out Oliver has picked these two expressions up - over the last two days I have realized these phrases are part of his regular vocabulary. Great.
In my defense, I do have these pictures to prove I do need some sort of expression to, well, express, what is happening -


Ah yes, this fleece was the only warm thing I could wrestle on him and the duck hat - the only hat he would wear. Even more ridiculous is that Oliver thinks this is a fantastic outfit, but refuses to let a Halloween costume touch his body.
Ethan has recently picked up "Oh My God" too and I have no idea where he got it, as I don't think we say it. They are little mirrors, aren't they? For the record, I like Oliver's duck hat.
ReplyDeleteSo funny - Hannah says it too and we constantly say "Oh my gosh" back at her. And she's got this wicked Boston accent when she says it. Where did that come from?
ReplyDeleteI like all of Oliver's outfit. He's stylin'.
ReplyDelete