Sunday, October 10, 2010

"This"

Oliver's new response to "What are you doing?!" is: "This." That is "this" as in "check this mommy, this IS happening (believe it or not)." Although I am often not too pleased about what is actually happening I usually have to stop myself from laughing because "this" is just such an appropriate response. For example, if Oliver had climbed on to the top of his easel and was driving his excavator on the upper window sash and had responded is my "What are you doing?!" with something along the lines of "climbing" or "driving my excavator" there would be a little less humor than when he looks at me, point blank, and says "This." Ah yes, this.

Along with driving excavators in/on places I had no idea excavators could go "this" is what's been happening in the past week that we've been home.

Oliver has become very attached to his stopwatch and has been timing everything. Yesterday I was raking and heard him get up from his nap. I went inside and there he was, standing at the top of his stairs with stopwatch in hand looking down at me. He put his hand on his hip and said "six minutes mommy" and shook his head. Mind you it took me less than one minute to get from outside to the bottom of the stairs, but I definitely felt (after Oliver's scolding) that I could have been a bit quicker my the response.

He's also timed races amongst his animals -
(Bunny won this one, poor kitty is all tuckered out on the floor.)

Timed Davis building steps -

And timed putting together the stroller -

Oliver has also kept us busy with stretching -
Dancing -


And playing polo (and people were afraid Davis would be at a loss of what to do now that the big swim is over.)


1 comment:

  1. Kate, I love how 2 year olds are so perfectly in the moment! When I call to Brian, either for a "where are you?" or a "how's it going/what are you doing?" his response is always. "Right here!". It is true they are doing "this", "right here". These two together would likely have great fun!

    ReplyDelete