Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Our pterodactyl

We have a little dinosaur on our hands; Miss. Henrietta is a squawker. While the noises she makes could potentially be heard today, Davis, Oliver and I think it is more likely her noises are based in the Jurassic period - from a pterodactyl to be specific. We'd already started to refer to her our little pterodactyl when, on a family outing to Marshall's, we found a talking pterodactyl toy that, when pressed, sounded exactly like Henrietta. I'm sure she was hoping the toy would serve to relieve herself of the nickname, sorry little one, for now you remain our little pterodactyl.

Our little dino is one month old today - a milestone Oliver is excited about as we promised him we'd have a little birthday celebration tonight and he could be the one to blow out the candles.



Speaking of the older monster. He continues to both crack me up and make me want to tear my hair out. Last night he was eating popcorn and got is everywhere. I gave him the vacuum and asked him to clean up. He did and then asked for more popcorn. When I left the room he was eating it; however, moments later I returned to find him vacuuming up the bowl of popcorn. "Mommy, you told me to vacuum it all up." Touche.

Miss. Molly Doyle has already managed to hit the slopes - the lack of snow here has prevented us from doing so, but Oliver is ready. He's been spending a good amount of time traipsing throughout the house and yard with his helmet and boots on yelling for snow (and in the picture below, wearing the helmet and boots to play with Play-doh). Wile a white Christmas would be nice, I am not sure I am ready for snow yet, and therefore have been asking him to keep his requests for snow a little quieter (although he could be screaming so as to be heard above the squawks of his little dino sister).


2 comments:

  1. Now you've peaked my curiosity - what does a pterodactyl sound like?

    Happy One Month Henrietta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto - we need a video of said noises! Happy b'day Henrietta!

    ReplyDelete