This week we had to take Henrietta to the doctor because she was having a lot of gas (I know, I know - embarrassing). As soon as the doctor walked in the room Oliver told him that his sister was a gassy baby and then told him that he could not give her any shots. Throughout the whole appointment Oliver carefully watched every move the doctor made. The doctor suggested Mylicon and I have to say - it is amazing. Henrietta has been having at least one five hour stretch of sleep each night now that she is relatively gas-free. Now if only we could find something that might work for Oliver - my friend Oliver has not only given up napping, but has also decided to get up every two hours at night. At this point Davis and I are considering the following - velcroing him to his bed, duct taping him to his bed, a tranquilizer gun, drugs... Every night we come up with some new plan and every morning we declare the plan a failure (I have another plan up my sleeve that we'll try tonight - fingers crossed it works).
Things are otherwise going well. Oliver is doing lots of work around the house.
And Henrietta is doing well - eating up a storm (she's already 10 pounds) and is happy because we've started to pull some baby things down from the attic.
Henrietta does look bigger already - and I'm glad to hear it looks like you have one good sleeper in the family - you've earned it! Hang in there. Hannah did the same thing w/ the naps - hang in there .... hopefully Oliver will pick them back up again!
ReplyDelete