Monday, December 13, 2010

Wet

This morning the thermometer read 50 - knowing that a day in the 50s is rare (and will be so for a long long time), I got the two little ones ready and out the door in record time. We walked down to the play ground - a place I thought Oliver would be thrilled to see after being kept away for the past couple weeks because of the cold. Surprisingly he was not excited - he was not thrilled that everything was wet after yesterday's rain. I tried to convince him that getting wet was no big deal, that we'd head home and change our clothes after playing. No luck, he looked at me, sadly, and said he wanted to leave. So leave we did. And on the way home he jumped, ran, splashed and played in every single puddle we could find.

Give he was all wet from the puddles I suggested we head back to the play ground - "No mommy, the playground is wet, I don't want to play there." Right, I forgot, how could I be so silly to suggest going to a wet playground.

1 comment:

  1. Why on earth would Oliver want to do what you want to do? That would be silly!

    ReplyDelete