Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Groundhog Day

This morning Phil, the groundhog, made his appearance and predicted that spring would arrive early this year. While I am hopeful that the furry little rodent will be right and sooner rather than later we will see the telltale sign of a New England spring - mud - I am questioning the groundhog. Why? Well, 1) because he is a rodent and 2) because the snow situation is beyond crazy here; this winter around 50 inches has fallen on our house and it is still snowing - hard.

The ridiculous amount of snow has made it pretty impossible for Oliver to play in the backyard. On Saturday we went out to play and the poor guy just got trapped - he sunk in about waist deep and was unable to move. No fun. So we decided to snow blow a few trails so he could run about.

Notice the crazy amount of snow in the pictures from the weekend? Well, check out these from this morning. As you can see from the snow depth against the fence we've gotten A LOT over the past couple of days. Did I mention it is still snowing?



I took this next picture standing in our front walk - the snow is out of control.


Also out of control - the plows. Davis and I have both snow blowed the driveway today. However, one would never guess that we did because the plow guys keep going by and plowing us in - grr. Oliver was "helping" me snow blow the driveway and one of the plow guys made eye contact with me and then proceeded to create a big plow pile right where we had just cleared. I recognize these guys have a big job on their hands, but really - was that necessary?

Fingers crossed Phil is right and that soon we'll be up to our waists in mud, rather than snow.

1 comment: