Sunday, February 20, 2011

This is how we do it

I feel like someone pressed the fast forward button I am flying through life at the 4x speed. Henrietta is suddenly three months old, I'm back at work, Oliver is talking up a storm and asking questions like "Mommy, how was your day? What is your favorite book? How are you enjoying your chicken?" - Wasn't it just yesterday Davis and I met, unexpectedly, in the Bahamas?

I keep thinking we need to slow down, take a breath, relax - and enjoy where we are - BUT - the reality is that is not us. Just when things start to calm down, just when life becomes "manageable" - we decide to add more. You guessed it - you can't keep a fish from water - Davis will be jumping into Catalina Channel in July - swimming 21+ miles to the California Coast. This time, if we can wrangle my mom into caring for Oliver and Henrietta, I will be on the boat.

I think what I need to realize is that I need to figure a way to relish life's moments - relish the present- while at the same time tacking the challenges and craziness we keep inviting.

This past week I tried to do just that - Oliver, Henrietta and I savored the rare warm sunny days and played outside despite the fact that a little person who is around 3 feet tall should have been napping.

No comments:

Post a Comment