Being a mom isn't easy. I think back to when I was growing up and I can tell you, I didn't make it easy for my mom. In fact, I know that at times I made life down right difficult and, thinking back, I can only think of not so nice words to describe my behavior. Despite this, my mom still got me to my sports practices, organized a wonderful surprise birthday party for me, transported my friends and I here there and everywhere, made amazing meals, and was just plain a fantastic mom. My mom and so many other mothers, young and old, are inspiration for me as I try and be the best mother I can to Oliver and Henni.
For Mother's Day Oliver and Henni gave me cards and artwork they made with Hollie. Henni is so proud of her card - as she is of all of her artwork. She showed me how she made it (finger paints, glue and scissors) and then gave me a very big kiss. Oliver made me a big finger painting as well as a book - a very special book:
My Mom and I, by Oliver.
I love it when Mom and I go to the airport.
I love it when Mom and I read snake books.
My favorite thing to do with Mom is paint.
I love it when Mom and I play snakes together. I liked playing cobras when my cobra first came.
My favorite thing about my mom is that she feeds Henni.
I love this book. I was a bit surprised about the airport bit, but then again Oliver is angling for a trip to the Bahamas for his birthday, so maybe he thought this would add fuel to the fire (I really, really, want to go to the Bahamas for my birthday. I want to have my birthday on the beach. I know you said we can't go, but I am just going to keep begging and begging...). The other part of the book I was surprised about was the feeding Henni bit. But then again, he is so thoughtful and loving (a large portion of the time) towards Henni, that perhaps I shouldn't be surprised.
Since being a mom isn't all pictures and books (see the start of the post), I do have to say how lucky I am to have Davis as my partner in this craziness that is being a parent. He is a supportive husband and friend, and an amazing father to Henni and Oliver.
No comments:
Post a Comment