Friday, December 7, 2012

Little Mr/Miss Personality

Every day Oliver and Henni continue to amaze me with the evolution of their relationship and their ever emerging personalities.  They now adore each other to pieces - except when they don't.  Case in point - yesterday the three of us were taking Charlie for a walk.  Oliver was moving at a much different pace than Henni, Charlie and I so he stopped and sat down on someones front lawn to wait for us.  Henni ran up to him and gave him a huge hug.  Then the two of them sat there on the lawn snuggling for a good five minutes.  After the snuggle fest we made our way home.  Once home I hear Oliver yell: "No Henni!  You can't do that, you'll break me!  You are breaking Oliver!"  Upon investigation I found that the snuggling was a thing of the past.

Henni's choice of clothing continues to be inappropriate.  She has worn pink lace pants several days despite the freezing temperatures (an interesting look with a diaper).  The child refuses to wear socks so I thought I would introduce tights - the result - she has taken to wearing tights and t-shirts.  Again, an interesting look.  She also has started to refer to herself as "Princess" and has started requesting we call her Princess as well.  No idea where Princess came from as neither Davis nor I refer to her as that.


On the other side of the coin is Oliver.  In an effort to improve listening and generally improve behavior, we have been using a sticker chart for Oliver.  He has recently requested that rather than have one sticker chart he should have one for each room.  That way he can learn which room(s) he is good in and which room(s) need improvement.  He has also requested vertical charts which go from floor to ceiling as he thinks it would be motivational to watch the stickers climb up the wall rather than just be lumped in one area on a page.

I finally ordered the budding scientists school pictures (from October):



No comments:

Post a Comment