Ah, the Christmas lists.
Oliver has requested the following from Santa this year:
- Swiss Army Knife
- Can opener (just because)
- Colossal squid
- Sperm whale
- Colossal tank for the whale and squid
- Parakeet
- Camelback
- Playmobil castle
- Real excavator to knock down houses and the trees that are bothering us (what?! I am not aware of any rouge trees)
- Mitten that turn into gloves
- Snorkel, mask and fins
- Three headed dragon that breaths rainbow fire
- Backhoe with stabilizers
- New bike helmet with a shark fin
Henni is adamant that she would like a duck. While I too would love a duck, it is just not practical right now. I tried telling her the duck would be too cold if we got it now, in the winter. She altered her list to include two ducks - so they could snuggle and keep each other warm.
Santa has had to be a bit creative this year as we are not getting anything to join our menagerie - especially not a colossal squid and sperm whale.
And an update on that damn elf - FYI, duct tape will not hold an elf to the ceiling all night. It is difficult to explain an elf on the ground and duct tape on the ceiling to inquisitive and already skeptical little ones.
![]() |
| Another awesome outfit. Snow pants with jammie shorts and t-shirt. Worn all day with summer sandals and a vest. |
![]() |
| Base jumping has evolved. Rather than use a parachute, Oliver has made wings. |
![]() |
| Just plain crazy |



I also love the parakeet... what a pain in a(*&$ a bird would be. Those are great lists, though! Thank you, also, for confirming my decision not to do the elf... your commentary on it is hilarious!
ReplyDeleteLove Henni's snowpants outfit - love it! Your elf is much more adventurous than ours. He just moves from stocking to stocking (that kills at least a week because I always forget to move him!) and then around to various kitchen places. I think you set the initial bar too high!
ReplyDelete