A couple weeks ago we spent the week in Maine. Typically our visits to Maine involve leaving the house by 9, 10 at the latest, and adventuring for the day. While some may find this type of vacation exhausting, I find it relaxing and love that it maximizes the day - the whole day. This year, because of weather and schedules our vacation was different. A couple days into the vacation I commented that it was 10 and the kids had not yet had breakfast and we hadn't left the house. Ok, commenting might be nice - I was stressing out about this. Davis turned to me and told me to relax. He pointed out the kids had slept in, both he and I had gotten in a run, we had done some serious tree-house planning, the kids were happily playing together, and we were on vacation. I took a deep breath and decided to wrap my head around this new type of vacation.
Our vacation included a super fun afternoon out on an island with Jon.
Shopping (and making some calls)
And the very beginnings of an elaborate tree house. Oliver was a super big helper with the tree house. He proudly pointed out to anyone interested (and not), that he "dragged the 2 by 6s into the woods like a skidder."
We also spent time with Papa in the garden.
And got in a few hikes.
And spend more time on islands
And made s'mores.
Back at home, we've continued to enjoy these last few days of summer before school starts.
We've been getting strong and showing off our muscles,
And have been using said strong muscles to kayak on the Parker River,
And to relax poolside (surely muscles are needed here),
And to carry our chairs up and down the beach.
We've also done some surfing.
While I am starting to come around to a more relaxed approach to vacation - I do like squeezing in as much fun and adventure as possible, especially with the days being as beautiful as they have been.





















No comments:
Post a Comment