Today was a crazy day of firsts.
Oliver and Henni both had their first back to school experience today. I hesitate to say first day of school because it was orientation day and so Davis and I were with the kids as they got introduced (Henni) and reintroduced (Oliver) to their classrooms. Although it wasn't a drop off day, both Oliver and Henni were eager to explore their classrooms and spend time with their friends and teachers. I am hopeful that they will both be as enthusiastic for tomorrow's day of first - Oliver's first day of kindergarten and Henni's first drop off day of school.
I am still getting my head around the fact that activities need to be signed up for months in advance. I feel like soccer sign-up should be in September and summer camps sign up should be in June. The reality is that soccer sign-up in in April and summer camp sign up is in February. Because I am not thinking soccer in April, I have missed sign-ups the past two years and Oliver has been devastated. Thanks to the help of some friends, I managed sign up this year and tonight Oliver headed off to his first practice (mind you he has worn his soccer shirt almost everyday for the past two weeks in preparation for this day).
Davis took Oliver to practice and I am told Oliver loved it, was an amazing listener, and was actually quite good. Thanks to the team's 45 minute practice tonight, they have their first game scheduled for Saturday.
While Oliver was at soccer, Henni and I went to Henni's best friend's house to help her celebrate her 3rd birthday. Lucy and Henni are true friends and watching them give each other a kiss and hug good-bye and then plan their strategy for meeting up after school was just plain lovely.






Hope everyone had a great first day! I'm glad that Adam isn't the only one who sticks his tongue out in every picture. :)
ReplyDelete