Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Tis the season

Somehow it is December 18th.  I have no idea how this happened and how Christmas can be, literally, next week.  I sat down with the intention of writing about how sad I am that life has been so busy that we have done little to get in the holiday spirit except for to drag that damn elf out and play Christmas music.  But, as I looked through recent photos I realize that we have, in fact, been getting into the holiday spirit.  Perhaps we need to play the music a little louder, start our Christmas shopping, and slow down a bit - and the magic of the season will descend upon our house.

The great Christmas tree hunt.  So fun, so cold.  So fun.





Making gingerbread trains with friends.


Riding bikes to school on the first snow.  Smiles all around.


Cookie making (and eating) with friends.


Spending hours with friends at the climbing wall.


And today was the Peace Festival.  I love the Peace Festival.  Every class at Oliver and Henni's school chooses a song about peace, love, and/or friendship to sing at the festival.  The little voices are beautiful, and I love when the whole school comes together each year to sing "This little light of mine." While Oliver kept rolling the little lights across the floor, and Henni kept lifting her dress up over her head - the magic of the festival made these things cute.  The festival (and so many other things about their school) make me want to keep them in their little bubble forever.




Post-peace festival things were not very peaceful at our house.  New snow, sun, and lots of energy - we spent the afternoon snowshoeing.  Everyone got (a little) energy out.


As an aside - that damn elf.  He has decided the best place to be.  Rather than move around he day he has positioned himself in one spot.  The kids haven't even noticed, and I sleep better at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment