Henni's language has exploded since she started school. She talks non-stop. The only problem is that a good portion of the time we have no idea what she is saying. And while Oliver used to be good for a translation he's abdicated his responsibilities to Charlie who not at all helpful.
On Thursday I picked Henni up from school and was presented with a beautiful painting of a...fight club. A fight club!? Let's try again. Fight room. Fight room?! Yes, a room you go into to fight. What?! For three hours I waffle back and forth about calling a family therapist. I wonder if perhaps the transitions of late have been rougher for Henni than I had thought. I wonder if we are all fighting a bit too much.
I decide to ask her to act out the painting.
And, amazingly, the painting is of a swimming pool. I breathe.
While I managed to escape that one, this is something I may not live down. Two hungry kids, impeding plans, trying to avoid processed foods...turkey drumsticks! The (almost) perfect road trip food. (Almost perfect because the smell of turkey was a bit overwhelming.)
No comments:
Post a Comment