Thursday, July 31, 2014

Fast and just plain sweet

Oliver got it in his head that he wanted to run the 5k Tuesday night, and he did just that.  He did it in 39 minutes and 13 seconds which I think is pretty damn fast for someone who just turned 6 and decided that morning to make a go of it.

When I was snuggling with Oliver after the race I told him how proud I was and how I was impressed by his speed.  His response - "Mommy, none of that matters.  I had FUN."

He's been talking non-stop about the race - about running through sprinklers, drinking Gatorade and water along the route, and hearing people cheer for him.  He's hooked.  Doing a 1 mile on Sunday and on the look out for the next race.  He has his heart set on a half-marathon - crazy kid.





Henni is all things baby.  I was greeted earlier this week with this - my shorts converted into a baby sling.  I am thinking they might be a better baby sling than shorts.



And this was this morning.  Moments later they woke up and spent the next half hour creating a magical world filled with snakes and babies (sounds scary and strange, but it was actually very lovely).


No comments:

Post a Comment