I finally uploaded our pictures from our fantastic day on the backside of Sandy Point with our good friends Brigid, Matt and Carragh - while there were some adorable pictures of Oliver and his "girlfriend," (note the matching life jackets),

there were also some surprises -- yikes! What is that in the left hand side of the picture? A young Jedi?

Okay, okay - not a young Jedi, but a young Oliver in my sweatshirt. The sun was strong and I thought - hey, I'm not that tall, my sweatshirt would be a great cover-up for my little monster - hmmm - not so much.

Within seconds of me wrestling the sweatshirt on him he dove into the water. Suddenly a 24 pound little man was trying to run around the beach wearing a water soaked sweatshirt that most likely weighed around 30 pounds. It was the thought that counts?
Using "The Force," (repeatedly falling over, tripping on, and repeatedly getting trapped, unable to move, in the sweatshirt) Oliver managed to free himself (Daddy came to the rescue) and happily returned to playing with his girlfriend.

And, after knocking down a few towers and splashing about in the water, Oliver and Carragh challenged Matt and Davis to a game of soccer...
I believe the little ones won - Jedi mind tricks?
I love the little Jedi -- very cute.
ReplyDeleteMe too. I think that should be Oliver's Halloween costume this year.
ReplyDelete