Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Re-birth

The last time we went to Maine we came back with lots of treasures - items that I had played with and worn when I was little. One of the items we brought back with us was a table and set of chairs. Oliver and I decided that they needed a little sprucing up before they began their new life with us.

I tried giving Oliver his own paint brush and piece of wood to keep him occupied while I painted the furniture.


After a minute or two Oliver decided it would be much more helpful if he painted himself and the table.


When we finished the painting project I moved the table and chairs into the house - I envisioned Oliver sitting at the table coloring or playing while I cooked dinner. Not sure what I was thinking. Last night I tried setting Oliver up with a snack and drink at the table while I started dinner. Within seconds Oliver was standing on the chair. And then he was down and was moving the furniture all over the kitchen and slamming it into the cabinets. And then he was standing on a chair. And then was moving the furniture all around the kitchen, slamming it into the cabinets. And then - well, you get the picture.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like our house. What is furniture for, if not for rearranging?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto - that's definitely Hannah's favorite activity... too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny. Furniture is also for standing on around here as well.

    ReplyDelete