Friday, September 11, 2009

Yikes...

I am so behind! The past several weeks have been a bit hectic around our house I have been remiss in posting pictures. I had thought about trying to divide our activities into several posts, but instead decided to share the best of the pre-Labor Day pictures instead. So here it goes...

Oliver has decided that he is much too big for the boogie board, and instead has decided to focus on the real deal.
And, after much kicking and screaming (I envisioned Hawaii would the place I'd learn to surf, not New Hampshire) I too decided to test out the waves (unfortunately we didn't capture a picture of me actually standing on the board- I promise it did happen though (thanks to that cute instructor in the background)).
And now - fall. Yes, suddenly, after about two weeks of true summer, New England decided it was time for fall. While I am not ready for it, Oliver has been enjoying the fall harvest - he has spent quite a bit of time with his Papa in the garden. He not only enjoys playing in the dirt, but he also seems genuinely interested in picking and digging the vegetable. And he LOVES eating the fruits of his labor.

In addition to enjoying the garden, Oliver has been enjoying technology. One of his favorite toys is the phone - and the phone can be anything. He will grab a bean from the garden and put it to his ear and say "Hi." Or, if the spirit moves him (which it does quite often) he will grab his foot, or my hand, or a cow, or a book, or....a real phone, and say "Hi."
Often he will grab the "phone" and go into the other room to have a "private" conversation. Perhaps he needs to tell people - "My parents took me on another crazy outing. This time we went and sat on some strange bikes that - just sat still."


No comments:

Post a Comment