Monday, October 26, 2009

Visitors

Our guest room got lots of use last week - my mom and my brother.

Uncle Jon came down and stayed with us on his way to Boston for a meeting. While Oliver got lots of story and Uncle Jon time, we think Uncle Jon made out much better than we did - his trip netted him a (work) trip to Cuba (a place both Davis and I have been lusting after forever).

And my mom - well, she saved us. Jessica and her family took a much needed vacation and so we were without Jessica-care last week. Davis and I were trying to figure out days off etc. etc. but my mom stepped in and offered to take a couple days off and come down and stay with us. Oliver was beside himself- he was so happy when his grandmother arrived on Thursday morning that he didn't even notice when I left for work.

Despite trying to make sure everything was under control before my mom arrived, she still managed to find lots of work to do - and managed to find a very willing helper.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you love when grandparents not only watch the kids but also help with chores around the house? It makes you wonder why they can get it all done and we can't...more practice I guess?

    ReplyDelete