Some of Pappa's toys that Oliver covets are his ladder, his tractor, and his saw. Every time Oliver climbs up on something he tells me it is a ladder, like Pappa's. Hmmm. Nice try. Pappa does have a ladder, but that isn't going to get you a free pass to climb up onto the dining room table and dance. As for the tractor - we pass huge John Deere and Caterpillar tractors doing road work, construction, or working on a farm and Oliver tells me about Pappa's tractor (which is actually a riding lawn mower). And the saw - well, this weekend Le Le got Oliver a saw so he could work with Pappa. Oliver was so excited that he couldn't stop jumping up and down. The two of them got quite a bit of yard work done.


I must say, I have to agree with Oliver that Pappa is super fantastic. Not only has he been an extraordinary father, but he has also been a wonderful grandfather. He has spent countless early morning hours playing with Oliver (and mopping up dish after dish of dog water bowls that Oliver flips over) so Davis and I can sleep in, he has scooped a glass Christmas ball out of Oliver's mouth, taken Oliver on boat trips, ski trips, and hiking trips...he has shared numerous cups of coffee with the little man, made many day trip to our house just to say hi (6+ hours round trip)...I am so glad Oliver recognizes how wonderful his Pappa is.
Lovely post Katie! I think your Dad is pretty great too!
ReplyDeleteSeriously Kate, are you trying to make us cry....because it worked! So sweet.
ReplyDelete